+386 (0)1 47 06 388
Education and Qualifications
- Born: 14. 8. 1955 in Ljubljana
- 1974-1978: Undergraduate study of Archaeology and History at the University of Ljubljana
- 1980: Masters degree in archaeology at the University of Ljubljana
- 1985: Doctoral degree in history at the University of Ljubljana
- 1989-1990: Guest lecturer at the University of Ljubljana, Department of Archaeology
- 1990-1991: Post-doctoral studies as the Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung recipient at the Institut for pre- and early history and roman provincial archaeology at the University of München
- 1995: habilitation, University of Maribor (subject: Medieval history)
- 2002: habilitation, University of Ljubljana (subject: archaeology of Early Medieval)
- 2002 - onwards: Assistant Professor at the University of Ljubljana, Department of archaeology
- 2002: guest professor at the University of Wiena, Institute for pre- and early history
- 2003: Doctoral degree in archaeology, University of Ljubljana
- 2007: habilitation, University of Ljubljana (subject: archaeology)
- 2007-2012 Associate Professor at University of Ljubljana (subject: archaeology)
- 2012 onwards Professor at University of Ljubljana (subject: archaeology)
- 2014: Doctoral degree in ethnology, University of Ljubljana
Employment and leading functions
- Employment: ZRC SAZU, Institute for archaeology since 1978, presently as Research Advisor.
- 1992-1994: deputy director of ZRC SAZU.
Work in expert committee home and abroad
- 1994 - Member of preparational committee for preparation of targeted research programme "Shaping the cultural spaces"
- 1993-1998 - Member of committee for "Informational infrastructure at Ministry of Sciences and technology of Republic Slovenia"
- 1995-2000 - Member of committee for establishing the accordances for electing in the scientific-research and research-development nominations at the Ministry of Sciences and technology of Republic Slovenia
- 2004- onward - Member of archaeological committee at the International board of Slavistics.
- 2010-2015 - Member of the Scientific Council for Humanities of the Slovenian Research Agency
Early Medieval archaeology and history, slavic mithology and earlymedieval spatial structures,·computer scineces in archaeology,·ethnogenesis of the Slavs
Economic and social dynamics on the territory of Slovenia in the early Middle Ages
A curator of the bibliographical data base LIBERA
Other articles on the web
Mateja Belak und Andrej Pleterski
EDVFundkatalog der frühmittelaterlichen Siedlung Pristava in Bled.
Datasammlung der Ausgrabungsdokumentation von der frühmittelalterlichen Siedlung Pristava in Bled.
Sledovi slovanskih kneževin v vzhodnih Alpah. Arheološke in mitološke strukture.
Spuren slawischer Fürstentümer im Ostalpenraum. Archäologische und mythologische Anhaltspunkte,
Ljubljana, Wien 2002.
Settlement of the south-eastern Alpine region in the Early Middle Ages ( 01. november 2018 - 31. october 2022)
Inventory, analysis and evaluation of the primary and secondary sources of Slovene researchers on the old faith in the region of Soča river ( 01. november 2019 - 31. october 2021)
Sanctuaries ( 01. july 2014 - 28. february 2018)
Ariadne ( 01. february 2013 - 31. january 2017)
The Župna Cerkev Cemetery in Kranj ( 01. july 2011 - 31. december 2015)
PROGRAMME: Archaeological investigations (2009-2014) ( research programme • 01. january 2009 - 31. december 2014)
Mythical landscape as a source about organizing the space ( 01. may 2009 - 30. june 2010)
The Krvavec cultural heritage - preparation of tourist product and its management ( aplikativni • 01. january 2007 - 31. december 2009)
Information system of Archaeological Heritage of Slovenia ( 01. january 2007 - 31. december 2009)
Computer-aided archaeological database of the Early Medieval artefacts ( aplikativni • 01. may 2006 - 30. april 2008)
Long Lasting Development of the Protected Areas - A Wholistic Approach and the Active Role of the State ( interdisciplinarni • 01. october 2006 - 30. september 2008)
Early non-agrarian settlements as focal points of idea and knowledge transfer in mediaeval Europe ( aplikativni • 01. january 2007 - 31. december 2008)
PROGRAMME: Archaeological investigations (2004-2008) ( 01. january 2004 - 03. december 2008)